The mSchools Student Awards contest and ceremony acknowledge and celebrate students and teachers for their accomplishments during the mSchools programme. The credibility of the mSchools Student Awards has been built on an extensive panel of experts and professionals in education and mobile technologies. The awards take into account creativity, coherence and technical development.
This year, we celebrate the 6th edition on 8 June in La Farga de L’Hospitalet (Barcelona). Over 750 participating students presented more than 125 projects in front of 2,000 event attendees! Discover the winners!
The main objective of this category is to develop a mobile application that solves a real-life problem. The starting point must be the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals, 17 global environmental, economic and social challenges that promote a more equal and sustainable world. Winning teams were:
- 1st prize: PECO, INS Salas i Xandri, Sant Quirze del Vallès.
- 2nd prize: FastCan, INS Eugeni Xammar, L’Ametlla del Vallès.
- 3rd prize: Tria-la, INS de Collbató, Collbató.
High School and Professional Training:
- Winner: Gym Mate, INS Esteve Terradas, Cornellà de Llobregat.
Best pitch winners:
- 1st prize: OGU, Lycée Français, Gavà Bon Soleil.
- 2nd prize: LGBT Festivals a Catalunya, INS Guillem Catà, Manresa.
- 3rd prize: MAAT, INS Ridaura, Castell-Platja d’Aro.
- Winner: Ecobuy, Vedruna Ripoll, Ripoll.
The main objective of this category is to promote projects developed and shared by students on Mobile History Map (MHM), a georeferencing digital platform and app that promotes project-based and service-based learning. MHM enables students to create content related to their surroundings and share it with the world, all while improving their digital skills. Winning teams were:
- Primary school: @dona’t, Escola Mestre Ignasi Peraire, Mollerussa.
- Secondary school: Caminada solidària. Celrà, Institut de Celrà.
- Educational Services: cerC@selles, CRP de Reus, Reus.
- Best pitch – Primary school: La Seu Vella, Escola La Mitjana, Lleida.
- Best pitch – Secondary school: Sant Serni 360: La vida als monestirs medievals, Institut La Valira, La Seu d’Urgell.
- Public Vote: Els carrers del casc antic, Escola Abel Ferrater, La Selva del Camp.
The main objective of this category is to develop a project based on this year’s challenge “Inventions that help people”, always using the free programming language Scratch. Winning teams were:
Primary school (3rd and 4th year):
- Els invents que ajuden a les persones, Escola La Portalada, Altafulla.
- Retroexcavadora, Escola Bernat Metge, El Prat de Llobregat.
Secondary school (5th and 6th year):
- El carrer dels inventors, Escola Mossén Albert Vives, La Seu d’Urgell.
- El mòbil, Escola Vedruna Ripoll, Ripoll
- Els invents al llarg de la Història, INS Sant Llorenç de Morunys, Sant Llorenç de Morunys.
- Invents que ens ajuden!, INS d’Alpicat, Alpicat.