Encourage Learning with Mobile
mSchools Mobile Learning Awards honour innovative teacher and school-led projects in Catalonia, for their use of mobile technology in education. The credibility of these awards is built on an extensive panel of experts and professionals in education and digital technologies, with a new focus on recognizing schools and teachers.
In 2018 Mobile Learning Awards celebrated its 6th edition. The ceremony was held on 1 March, within the frame of the industry’s most important annual event, Mobile World Congress.
Mobile Learning Awards 2018 Finalists:
- Best Digital Learning Experiences and Proposals in the classroom
The purpose of this contest category is to showcase the best new experiences and classroom proposals in digital technology education developed by teachers and teacher’students. This year’s finalists are:
- Mercè Vilà and Roser Espelt, Escola La Vila (Palamós) – Gamifiquem l’aula a primària! L’Antiga Grècia: El viatge a Emporion
- Núria Ferré, Institut Comte de Rius (Tarragona) – Instal·lacions elèctriques; dels plànols en 2D a la realitat virtual
- Jaume Feliu and Laia Palou, Institut Salas i Xandri (Sant Quirze del Vallès) – Natusfera Biodiversity Congress
- David Llamas and Domènec Rusca, Institut Frederic Martí (Palafrugell) and Escola Carrilet (Palafrugell) – STEAM, design thinking, videojocs i impressió 3D a l’aula? Yes, We can.
Winning teachers and teacher students were awarded a course taught by European Schoolnet in Brussels, that will discuss how to create innovative learning content with digital resources.
Discover the MLA18 winning classroom experiences!
- Most Innovative school in Mobile Education
The objective of this contest category is to showcase the most innovative school-led projects on the integration of mobile technology in the classroom and to reward the most digital consciuous parent-teacher association in Catalonia. This year’s finalists are:
- Escola Mossèn Albert Vives, La Seu D’Urgell – AV Robots: Robòtica i Pensament Computacional a l’Escola Mn Albert Vives
- Institut Badalona VII, Badalona – B7 mTech High. Transformem l’Institut amb les nostres pròpies apps
- Escola Puig de les Cadiretes, Llagostera – Ampliem les nostres eines
Parent – Teacher Association:
- AMPA CEIP Drassanes, Barcelona – Cap al DrassanesLab: Tecnologia i coneixement contra l’escletxa digital
Winning schools were awarded with a course taught by European Schoolnet in Brussels, that will explore strategies for whole school development and digital transformation. The winning parent-teacher association will be a €2.000 voucher to be spent on educational technology materials for their school.
Discover the MLA18 winning schools!
Check Mobile Learning Awards 2018 photo gallery here!