mSchools is a multi-faceted mobile education programme
EncourageLearning with Mobile
Mobile History Map
- A geo-positioning app that allows students to collaboratively create content on points of interest close to their schools.
- Advocates the use of mobile technology applied to non-technical subjects.
Mobile Learning Awards
- Awards that acknowledge innovative teachers and school-led projects.
- They recognize and encourage the use of mobile technology in the classroom.
- A collection of guidelines and best practices on the responsible use of mobile technology in schools available for teachers and families.
- Supports school management and teachers in the use of mobile devices in the classroom.
ImproveDigital Skills & Entrepreneurial Spirit
- A computer science course offered in Catalan High Schools (3rd and 4th year of Secondary School, High School and Professional Training) based on app design and prototype development.
- Aimed at stimulating entrepreneurial spirit amongst students and with the support of industry experts as mentors.
mSchools Student Awards (née App Awards)
- A celebration that acknowledges and awards students for their accomplishments in the mSchools programme.
- Focused on stimulating students’ digital skills and creativity through app development and content creation.
- An immersive workshop experience in app design and development.
- mSchools TechCamp students are able to put their creative power to work conceiving and building apps while learning more about the business of software development and marketing strategies.
Build an open Enviroment for mEducation
- An online repository of validated and tested mobile education content for schools, teachers and parents.
- Designed to increase the availability and usage of educational mobile content.
- An innovative co-creation lab for testing future mEducation solutions in a school environment.
- Designed to facilitate innovative trials and accelerate the adoption of cutting edge technology for education.
- Actions designed to reduce the digital divide in the classroom to access mobile devices.
- Promotes accessibility of mobile devices for qualifying families and student with special needs.